2022 Person of the Year Nominees
If you look at any event in Norfolk that betters the community or its residents you will always find Kevin Roche at its heart. He's a member of numerous organizations that give back to the community; former president of the Lions, Grange member, community suppers, Thanksgiving dinner for those alone for the holiday, shoveling out fire hydrants, bringing meals to seniors (that he cooks in his own kitchen) every week, organizing fundraisers, finding residents in need and doing everything in his power to make their lives better. I cannot think of a person in this town more deserving of this award.
Kevin Roche is active in the Lions Club and has served as president of the Lions as well as other board positions. He is very active in the planning of Community Day, The Haunted Train Ride/Car Crawl and is also there at every event. He is on the board of the Grange, plans and prepares the Thanksgiving meal that is served at the Grange, cooks meals for several senior citizens every week that he then delivers to them along with their Mail. These are just a few of the things that he does. I know he does more that I’m not even aware of.
I’m nominating Kevin Roche for this year's “2022 Person of the Year Award”.. This past year Kevin lost his father which was extremely difficult but Kevin continued to shine in the community giving so much of himself.
Kevin’s a Norfolk Lion, he is a small business owner and an excellent addition to the community. I’m unsure of all the details or how long he’s been doing it but for at least the past two years I know he’s cooked Thanksgiving Dinner and opened the grange for people in town who would otherwise be alone. He has a great heart and those who know him appreciate him for all he does and continues to do. I’m sure lots of people could add to this list of reasons why Kevin is so deserving. Thank you.
Kevin takes a tremendous amount of time away from hi business, Norfolk Auto, to be the behind the scenes person at many of the town events which include the Santa Parade, Making Spirits Bright-drive through, Norfolk Community Day, Chili Fest, to name a few. Kevin brings much of his personal owned equipment such as generators, fire engine, electrical cords, etc. to the events so that leasing for the day is not required. Often Kevin is at the crack of dawn, in all types of weather for set up. Then, he is the last one that stays for "break down." Kevin does not get much sleep on these days. Kevin is a true Norfolk townie, but in a good way, always going the extra mile to make Norfolk a better place to live! There is never an extra fundraiser in the town that Kevin does not participate in. Kevin is always eager to help and has a huge smile on his face when he shows to help. He is truly Mr. Norfolk with a capital "N."
2022 NCL Gala, "A Night in Havana"
Thank you for joining us!
Here is everything you need to know about the 2022 gala!
6pm (cocktail hour, ballroom opens at 7pm) - 11pm
***Tickets are now sold out!
What is the theme?
This years theme is A Night in Havana. Immerse yourself in the spirit of 1950s Havana Nights. Cuba's romantic night life of auctions, raffles, drinking and dancing all contributed to iconic Havana in all of its splendor. Sit back, sip some rum, listen to the latin rhythms of Cuba and enjoy an exhilarating evening.
Information about tickets
- Individual tickets are $100 a person.
- VIP table is $1500. This includes premiere seating for a table of 12 guests with a complimentary bottle of red and white wine.
- Meal options are chicken, salmon or a vegan option. ***Please note, you will have to choose your entree/s when purchasing your ticket/s. (If you are purchasing a VIP table or several general admission tickets make sure to list your entire party's entree choices and if they have any allergies.)
- In the event that we are not able to hold an in-person gala, no refunds will be offered, and we will pivot to a virtual gala. After speaking with the coordinator all events have been running as usual, therefore, we do not expect this to occur. However, we wanted to have a plan in place. If we have to move to a virtual platform all proceeds will go towards scholarships, grants and hosting the gala virtually. Thank you for your support and understanding as we navigate this ever evolving pandemic.
Where will I sit?
- VIP Seating: VIP tables have reserved seating. Purchasing a VIP table guarantees that you will be seated with 11 other guests of your choice.
- General Seating: You purchase individual tickets. Seating will be chosen when the ballroom opens.
What is the itinerary for the evening?
- ***6:00 p.m. Cocktail Hour Begins
- 7:00 p.m. Ballroom opens for seating
- 7:30 p.m. Salad is served
- 7:50 p.m. Dinner is served
- 8:20 p.m. Dessert,Coffee & Tea Service
- 8:30 p.m. Welcome by Gala Chair & Presentation of of the Person of the Year
- 8:45 p.m. Live Auction Begins
- 9:15 p.m. Musical Entertainment and Dancing Begins/Raffle Close
- 10:00 p.m. Board with names of winners will be displayed near bar
- 10:30 p.m. Bar closes
- 11:00 p.m. End of the Evening
What is a rum pull?
We will have 25 bottles of rum for the rum pull raffle. Each bottle is valued at $25, some $50 plus and one $100 bottle! Attendees will choose a blind bag number and reveal their prize! Everyone who plays goes home with a bottle of rum! This will be available during the cocktail hour so make sure you arrive early so you don’t miss out! Tickets will be $20 a piece.